Conference Learning Outcomes/Goals
- Translate evidence-based strategies into solutions
- Leverage the Magnet® nursing culture to optimize organizational performance
- Distinguish the long-term impact of transformational leadership and the Magnet culture on organizations and patients
- Synthesize science-based innovations, technology, and research to advance nursing practice, enhance patient safety, and promote optimal health and wellness
Continuing Education (CE) Contact Hours
Attendees who meet continuing education (CE) eligibility requirements may earn a maximum of 23 continuing nursing education (CNE) contact hours for general, concurrent, and poster sessions.
Research Symposium attendees may earn a maximum of 6.0 CNE contact hours. This event is scheduled for Wednesday, October 9, 2019 and separate registration is required. To claim CE for all other preconferences, check your materials for individual instructions.
How to Claim Contact Hours
To view content, you must sign in. If this is your first time accessing the handout site, you need to create an account using your email address and a password. It must be the same email address used when registering for the event. If you use an alternate email address you will not have access to content on this site. You may create your own password for the site.
Please note that if you do not see a poster or session listed in the “Browse Handouts” section, it means there are no handouts available for that presentation. Either the content was uploaded after the deadline for inclusion on this site or the content was not released by the presenters.
Instructions for Claiming CNE Contact Hours
Log onto this site: http://bit.ly/19MagConfCE using the email address provided when you registered for this event.
- After a session has ended, use the Browse Sessions or Search options to navigate to the session you attended and click on the session title.
- Click on the Claim CNE Credit button and submit the attestation statement to earn CNE contact hours for that session. Repeat this process for each session that you attended.
- At the conclusion of the meeting you will be able to complete the Overall Meeting Evaluation by clicking on the link in the navigation pane.
- Once the Overall Meeting Evaluation has been submitted, click the Review CNE Contact Hours and Certificates link to view and print your certificates.
- Deadline for claiming CNE Contact Hours: Monday, November 11, 2019.
How to Claim Contact Hours After the Deadline
Beginning November 12, 2019, CE certificates must be obtained from the American Nurses Association (ANA) Center for Continuing Education and Professional Development. Please mail a written request including your name, address, email address, conference name, and list of session dates and titles you attended with a check for $50 payable to ANA for each certificate requested. Send your written request and check to: ANA, P.O. Box 504410, St. Louis, MO 63150-4410.
To receive CE contact hours, attendees must:
- Be registered as a participant.
- Be seated in the room no later than 10 minutes after the session has started, and remain in the session until the scheduled ending time.
- Access the online 2019 ANCC National Magnet Conference® CE system at http://bit.ly/19MagConfCE no later than November 11, 2019, to enter sessions and obtain CE certificates free of charge. Use your last name and badge/registration number to log into the system.
- For technical assistance with the CE survey or certificate, call 1.401.334.0220 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete an online form at https://ancc.confex.com/ancc/feedback.epl
- Select the sessions attended (see conference program for session numbers).
- Complete required evaluation(s). (Note: You must complete the overall evaluation before you can print your certificate.)
- Print and/or save certificate(s). (Note: Fees apply once the above deadline has passed.)
The ANA Center for Continuing Education and Professional Development is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
ANCC Provider Number 0023.
The ANA Center for Continuing Education and Professional Development is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP6178.
Conference schedule and CE information are subject to change.